Topic Sponsor

1995 F-150 Drivers side Brake Line Question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 07:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 1995 F-150 Drivers side Brake Line Question?

I noticed my Drivers side Tire is rubbing the coating off of the Brake Line,so I ordered a Set of Pro Comp Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines.And they sent me Pro Comp Part #7350,and when I started to put them on the Drivers side Line wouldn't work.The Drivers side Stock Line has 2 Lines connected at the top,and both Lines they sent me just had 1 threaded place for a Line.So I looked and Pro Comp has another Set under Part#7325,and it says it's for Models without ABS.And the #7350's are for use with Models with 4-Wheel ABS.So with that I need the #7325's because I don't have front ABS.I looked in my 95 Ford F-150 Brochure,and all I could find about ABS is our Trucks only came with Rear Wheel ABS.But I heard that Bronco's did come with 4 Wheel ABS..So I was wanting to know about the Drivers side Brake Lines like I have Stock with the places for connecting 2 Lines,it's the Line for Trucks without ABS? And is the Single Line the one for 4-Wheel ABS for just the Bronco's? But they list both Sets under F150/Bronco,and I guess that's why they sent the wrong ones..
Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is what the end with the 2 connections looks like,they enlarged the end..Name:  fordf-150brakelineextrafitting_zps3241bdc5.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  143.0 KB
Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally the driver's side would have had a 1 in 2 out connector on the end that attaches to the frame.
Any kind of 1 in 2 out connector that all your lines screw into will work with the lines you have.
You basically just have to split the line from the master so it feeds both front wheels.
It looks like one of the lines (the lower one) is already set up to do that.
Your steel lines should screw right in to that.
If the lines you have don't have that on 1 of them you may be able to buy a piece that will do it. As long as it will seal properly and distribute the flui evenly to both wheels, that's all that matters.
If you order a new line, you should only need the driver's side one.
If you don't want to mess with a connector, the lines in the picture are what you need.
Hope you can follow that.
A good trick for relocating lines is - the older F250 4x4's had brackets for the brake line to mount on that bolted to the frame. You can mount them anywhere that's going to keep the line out of the way and just run your steel lines to them.

Quick Reply: 1995 F-150 Drivers side Brake Line Question?