Topic Sponsor

Will crank but not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will crank but not start

My '93 F150 302 wont start. I'm Pretty sure its a firing problem. Sprayed starter fluid in and didnt change anything. the plugs look fuel fouled and smell like gas. i pulled the plug wire off the #3 plug and put an old plug in it and grounded it against the fender and it sparks.I got new plugs today to put in but im thinking before i put them in i should check the ground on the block. Like i said im pretty sure the fuel side is fine because after cranking and pulling a plug it was wet with gas. the icm tested good.battery is charged i mean am i on to somethin or does someone know somethin i dont. like i said its gettin a crisp blue spark when grounded against the fender.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Check the spark to the motor, also check the fuel pressure regulator, make sure the vacuum line is ok, other than that if the plugs spark the engine should fire, the ground should be solid from the battery to the block, but if the engine cranks the ground should be good, also check the timing.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put new plugs in it and no change found the ground wire was broke in two on the block. replaced with a bigger ground wire and it runs

Quick Reply: Will crank but not start