Topic Sponsor

transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem

Hi all

i have a f150 triton 4x4 and had a big problem with my transimssion, first i got two cracks where the bolts atach my trasfair case to my transmission, got that welded then i got a fecking big crack right across the bell housing, how i dont know, but the only thing i can think off is my 4x4 tranfair case that is atached to the transmission it did not have a rubber support underneath it like my transmission box did, it was atached to my drive shaft so im thinking with the waight of the trasfair case and the tork on the drive shaft it would have started cracking it at the end of the transmission and then worked its way to the bell housing ????

i live in the uk so picking up parts ant that easy but after looking for 6 months i found a new transmission

so what im doing now is converting it to rear wheel drive but my old trany box had a input shaft of 35mm with 32 splines and my new box has a 30mm shaft and a 28 splines

what is the different be twine the two ?

Thanks for Reading
Attached Thumbnails transmission problem-v8-012.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

You're in the Pre-97 section. If that pic is of your truck you're in the wrong area. You want to post under "late model"
The following users liked this post:
Mr Bars (02-19-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks bud

Quick Reply: transmission problem