Topic Sponsor

talking about tips on gaining power on a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default talking about tips on gaining power on a 5.0

i am looking for tips and any advice on gaining power and talking about any tricks and what not i have read about a tfi module that has more dwell for a longer spark or something what gains would that have.. removing o2 pump what needs to be done? to run without any problems.. can u put a peace of sheet medal between the EGR and intake to block it off but leave egr hooked up? and any timing tips.. different ratio rockers im doing this post to talk about all power gains that are cheap and easy with out pulling engine or heads or gears mostly looking for low end power gain high end dont do me good when i can leave the line trucks need torque maybe advance the cam would it run right with fuel injection any tricks you got would be helpful ... my truck has no low end and starts getting power at about 3500 RPM and nothing before tht rpm on most days and poor acceleration and trottle response any advice. i got glass packs no cats and no 02 pump and egr is blocked with sheet medal no codes except pump i think all sensors have been changed even tfi with stock one is this how a 5.0 runs.. with no power
Old 01-06-2024, 10:57 PM
Mr Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bore the engine .030 over rv cam twin turbo free flow exhaust. leave it injection.

Quick Reply: talking about tips on gaining power on a 5.0