Topic Sponsor

The Oil Pan delima

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Oil Pan delima

Ive got a 1990 5.0 automatic f150. I just recently had my oil pan gasket replaced. Running like a top when I left it but was leaking like a sive. Got it back that afternoon it idles fine could take it up to 3.5 4 rmp sounding great. Got it on the road and when its under load going up a hill or having to accelerate, or shifting under load it boggs the engine and ticks slightly. Im taking it back to him tomorrow. Just cant believe how it was fine when I dropped it off now it feels like its on its last leg. Suggestions so far have been exhaust leak, they adjusted it and its still doing it. Then I went through and checked all my spark plug wires they were all good but one which easily came off and was corroded. I swaped that wire with another one I have on a junker in the back and still the same symptoms...Vacume line? Sensor? Any suggestions please! He says well it could be fixed with a quick tune up...I said It was fine when I dropped it off, whys it so hard to find a decent mechanic?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Old carbon core plug wires go bad in a very short time, the junker plug wire may be as bad as the one you replaced.
I had three out of six sparkplugs seperate between the porcelain and steel parts and they ticked and ran with an odd stumble, the plugs were autolites and less than three months old.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM

Lets hope its that easy. Ill know tomorrow its to damn cold and dark to do anything now
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM

Okay so Ive been to 4 different mechanics today because the one that did the pan is trying to act like he didnt mess anything up. Then I notice that my shifter indicator is off kilter and not lined up, I ask him to adjust the linkage and he tells me their to busy. So I go to another shop close to home and the guys there working on a nother truck and hops under mine and adjusts it bacl within 5 minutes no charge. Still doing the same thing, it shifting around 1500 instead of 2000 or 2500 regardless of how much throttle your giving italways 1500. Bogging horribly like its running on 6 cylinders when shifting or under load or both., and if I try shifting through the gears manually while driving it still does it. The last guy I talked to today made some sence and said something about my shifter point and having to have some gauge to set them right and such... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, my wifes in school I have a daughter and this truck is my lifelyhood and what keeps food on the table and wood in the stove.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
94f150 5.0

My truck was running great until I put autolites in it I'm guessing its plugs I'm going to change mine and see if it comes out of it but its doing the exact same as yours ill let u know how it goes

Quick Reply: The Oil Pan delima