Topic Sponsor

gt40 heads and intake on 95 f150

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gt40 heads and intake on 95 f150

Im new on this form and i have a 95 f150 5.0 and i wanna take the 5.0 explorer intake and heads and put on my truck sense these where the best heads and intake ford made for the 5.0. Now my question is how hard of a swap is it what all do i have to change i already know ill prob have a prob with the throttle body but will my cam still be able to be used? Is there any problems i might run into? I plan on going to pull and pay saturday to get all the stuff of the explorer for around 300
upper and lower intake
throttlebody
fuel rail
injectors
both heads
and water inlet
Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krischain Boxwell
Im new on this form and i have a 95 f150 5.0 and i wanna take the 5.0 explorer intake and heads and put on my truck sense these where the best heads and intake ford made for the 5.0. Now my question is how hard of a swap is it what all do i have to change i already know ill prob have a prob with the throttle body but will my cam still be able to be used? Is there any problems i might run into? I plan on going to pull and pay saturday to get all the stuff of the explorer for around 300
upper and lower intake
throttlebody
fuel rail
injectors
both heads
and water inlet
What cam do have? The heads will work , but the intake and throttle body will not with your computer . You could get the computer out of a mustang would be the ticket . A 1989 - 1993 fox body. Hope this helps I'm new to this site too . "oldscool"
Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

What year explorer? This would determine if it's gt40 or gt40p's this will change how hard it is to find headers for it..

Just get the heads only.. The truck intake is equal in flow and better in a truck application..

Quick Reply: gt40 heads and intake on 95 f150