Topic Sponsor

Fuel Circuit trouble code

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Circuit trouble code

My truck is a 1995 5.0FI. Check Engine light comes on periodically, and now more frequently. It first showed a temp sensor code; I changed the sensor and resolved that code. Now it is showing a fuel circuit code and a cannister solenoid code. I changed the solenoid, but it still shows those two codes. When the check engine lite shows, rpms increase, but I get no faster speed than @ 40 mph. It smells like the cat convs are getting hot. When I let the engine cool down, I can usually drive normally for 10 minutes or so.

I have changed the fuel circuit relay and have cleaned connectors.

What should I do next?

Thanks for any help.

Jackson
Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 PM

Well, I didn't get any suggestions or help, so I just kept going on my own. I seem to have solved the problem. This may help those who have similar problems: I thoroughly saturated all connectors and wiring with WD40, disconnected and cleaned connectors and wiped down the wiring. When I drove, I briefly got the same problem, but then it corrected while driving and has not occurred since. No problem in over 100 miles.

A while back I burst a radiator hose and the entire engine was saturated with coolant. I think maybe a residew of coolant in a connector was the problem.

Hope this may help someone in the future.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Thanks Jackson. I just picked up a 96 5.0. Good item to know about.

Quick Reply: Fuel Circuit trouble code