Topic Sponsor

Fuel or air problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel or air problems

I have a 94 F150 with a 5.8 engine. I started having some issues out of it, missing and loss of power as I drove up hill. If I would give it more pedal, it went no problem. I installed new plugs, wiring, distributor cab and button. No fix. I then started with the fuel, 2 new fuel pumps in both tanks, fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. It is starting to get worse, feels like I am running out of fuel while pulling out and missing bad around 35 to 50, like on empty. Both tanks are full though. Tried pulling codes, nothing new exhaust, no converters. All vacuum lines are good, no leaks. Fuel pressure is 42 without engine turned on, so great pressure. Have not changed EGR or TPS, however similar people on other post stated that was not the fix. All ground wires are good after inspections. What could be my problem, am I looking over something?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Test the TPS. I posted a few weeks back "testing the TPS".
Sounds like your fuel system is completely new, so if the TPS checks out good I'd probably want to have a look at the rest of the ignition system (coil ICM PIP). There are ways to test things to avoid just throwing parts at it. Not that there's anything wrong with new parts on an older truck ....
Old 03-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Josh

TPS tested good however ran code again and it come up with EGO bank 1 lean. My mechanic does not know what this means, does anyone?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Josh

Ego bank 1 is the first oxygen sensor. Picked one up today

Quick Reply: Fuel or air problems