Topic Sponsor

Did intake gaskets now no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did intake gaskets now no start

95 5.8. So this last weekend I changed my intake gaskets which forced me to pull the distributor. I marked everything including the balancer prior to pulling. Well Monday I got it all together and go to start and she just cranks.
So I pulled the dizzy again and then rotated the motor to 10* btc, reinstalled installed the dizzy with rotor facing #1 on the cap. Go to start and cranks with very random pops. Occasionally it will pause a split second, and go back to cranking.
I haven't been able to locate this spout that every timing post talks about. Is that what's cause it to not fire up?if so where's it located at. It's definitely not by the distributor. I've been messing with it for 2 days trying to get it started and I'm running out of patience and need the truck running again
Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like your dizzy is 180° off. Turn the engine to 10° btdc again and turn the rotor 180°. I bet it'll fire up then
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Also on a 95 the spout is located on the drivers side inner fender near the brake booster
Old 01-05-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the oil pump shaft isn't setting properly anymore, causing the distributor to not set flush. We've had nothing but crap weather (michigan as always) so the truck was towed to a shop today for them to do. They can't get it in till Wednesday tho.... Hopefully it's doesn't take them very long to get the truck running, as I was suppose to tow my car an hour back home from tuning. Drag radials and snow DO NOT mix.

Quick Reply: Did intake gaskets now no start