Topic Sponsor

Can i make it better?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i make it better?

I have a 1992 5.0v8 2WD f150. I originally got it out of a scrap yard. I have no clue who dropped it off there but it only has 167k on the odometer. I fixed all the major problems that the guy scraped it for: oilpan,oilpump, brakelines, steering box, ect., but even after all that and a tune up i still think that it can run better. I only plan on having this truck for any longer than the end of the summer so i dont want to spend alot of money. What could i possibly do to improve my performance?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Evil. Big. Oil.

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Basics...clean throttle body or whatever it has on top, plugs, air filter, fuel filter...etc.

Before you go looking for new horsies, make sure you've found all the old ones.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daximus
Basics...clean throttle body or whatever it has on top, plugs, air filter, fuel filter...etc.

Before you go looking for new horsies, make sure you've found all the old ones.
Oversizedk1d:Ive cleaned everything but the fuel filter so ill do that for sure but i live in michigan and its pretty nasty around here rate now so once we get some good weather i want to prettymuch take a wirebrush to all the rust and a toothbrush to most of the engine to get er all cleaned up. Any suggestions on what i should use to to clean it? Like any oils or anything?

Quick Reply: Can i make it better?