Topic Sponsor

Am I on the right track here? Starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I on the right track here? Starting issues

Well yesterday after the east coast Nor Easter, I went to start my truck and move it out of the street, it cranked and cranked but never turned over, never had this issue. I made sure it had spark from the coil to the plugs. Good pressure at the fuel rail, and no air issue, after couple attempts the battery was very low, 11.8 V last time I checked, I attempted to jump it from a suburban, couldn't turn over. Then the second wave of freezing rain came in and I shut the hood and went in. This morning I walked out, popped the hood, checked the battery it read 12.3 V, turned the key vrooom. Runs like normal. After a drive around, check the battery and its reading 12.6 V. Battery is 5 years old, and a replacing won't hurt. Also from what I've been reading, I have a feeling my TPS and ICV could use a replacing: Mileage isn't what it used to be and not feeling the response I used too. As well as a cold start typically it would turn over, drop down real low and then race up again, even when I come to a stop she wants to drop off and runs very rough.

Quick Reply: Am I on the right track here? Starting issues