Topic Sponsor

95 F150 Occasional starting issues, sometimes won't start

Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 F150 Occasional starting issues, sometimes won't start

Hey guys,

First post to this forum, and thanks in advance for the help. I have a 1995 F150 4x4 5.0 short wheelbase and the truck has 255,000 miles on it but runs great (most of the time). Sometimes when I crawl in the truck she fires right up most of the time. However, I can get in the truck sometimes and will just crank and not start. Sometimes the truck tries to start and just runs so rough that it just can't stay running. During the times when it won't start I can turn the key until it fires and while it is roughly idling at a very low RPM, i can feather the gas quickly over and over and it will pop, stutter, jerk, and shake until I finally work the RPM's up high enough to keep the truck running. Once the truck is running after this happens, I have no problems at all the truck drives perfectly down the road. Not sure what is going on. I recently replaced fuel filter, and I'm considering changing fuel pump, sending unit, and float at the same time, mainly because of the starting issue with a secondary reason of my gas hand not working and I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks for the help in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 F150 Occasional starting issues, sometimes won't start