Topic Sponsor

93 f150 Xlt 351w chugging

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 f150 Xlt 351w chugging

Alright so i have a 93 f150 351w 2wd and its been a while back when this happened so yea i was driving down the road and all of a sudden the truck jerked and i lost all power i had to keep the throttle all the way down to even get the vehicle to move so i pulled over and listened to it and it started sounding like a tractor awful idle (like chugging sound) i just dont know where to start i have no power going up hills got stuck on the hill at my house had to get a buddy to come tow me up to my house and cant drive to autozone again it will probably crap out again i think its my Catyltic converter but not sure so yea please help and my fender well piece melted part of it so i dont know if thats from clogged catylitic converters or not so yeah Please Help .
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 351w

Originally Posted by Dillon Sexton
Alright so i have a 93 f150 351w 2wd and its been a while back when this happened so yea i was driving down the road and all of a sudden the truck jerked and i lost all power i had to keep the throttle all the way down to even get the vehicle to move so i pulled over and listened to it and it started sounding like a tractor awful idle (like chugging sound) i just dont know where to start i have no power going up hills got stuck on the hill at my house had to get a buddy to come tow me up to my house and cant drive to autozone again it will probably crap out again i think its my Catyltic converter but not sure so yea please help and my fender well piece melted part of it so i dont know if thats from clogged catylitic converters or not so yeah Please Help .
This doesnt sound like a catalytic converter to me. I need more info on what it was doing before i can help any. When you say chugging.. Was it a miss fire or just really low idle? Does it stay running at idle? Have you checked for vacuum leaks, fuel leaks, and checked your coolant level? Make sure your distributor housing did not come loose and is not able to spin freely .
Old 04-07-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

The melted fenderwell sounds like classic clogged exhaust to me.

Quick Reply: 93 f150 Xlt 351w chugging