Topic Sponsor

92 bronco 5.0 engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 bronco 5.0 engine problem

I have a 92 full size 5.0 auto and it will not start after it is warmed up. The starter runs perfect, I have changed the ECTS, ACTS, coil, module, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and distributor. Fuel pressure is 38 with key on engine off and 40 while running. It will start up when cold but not when warm. I have to hold the pedal down slightly to get it to fire in bumps when hot. It blows out a lot of black smoke when it is warmed up. I thought maybe the converters where clogged so I unhooked the exhaust and still no better. Only parts left to change is the TPS, IACV, MAP and O2 sensor I have been all over every forum on the net and cant find a straight answer as to what this problem is. I am getting very frustrated with this thing
Old 04-27-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts

Have you checked for codes yet?

Also, what you describe sounds exactly like what my truck did when the MAP sensor went bad.

Other things to consider. If the EGR position sensor is bad, it may cause it to look like the MAP sensor is bad. If you do have to replace the EGR position sensor and your EGR valve is a Motorcraft unit, only a Motorcraft sensor will work. Aftermarket sensors only work on aftermarket EGR valves.

Quick Reply: 92 bronco 5.0 engine problem