Topic Sponsor

5.0 coyote swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 PM
High School Hill Climber

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 5.0 coyote swap

So I'm sorry if some of this info has been talked about on other threads. I have found some but not all.
I'll start by saying I have a 06 stx 4x4 with the 4.6. My engine is gonna last forever. So when she goes I want to do a coyote swap.
I know the coyote basically uses the same block so the engine mounts are the exact same as mine and the bell housing pattern is the same so my 4r70w will bolt right up. The coyote uses separate computers for engine and trans. So I can but the engine control pack from ford racing and a stand alone trans controller for my trans. I've also gathered that the coyote uses a return type fuel system whereas mine uses return less. From what I can tell I would just need a fuel regulator and return line to my tank. I don't know that for sure it exactly how to go about that. Also I saw an accessory bracket kit for power steering pump and a/c. But I couldn't fine if that was only for a coyote transplant into a resto project. Or if my brackets were so different that I would need the new brackets. Also does the coyote utilize e fans or a mechanical fan? I also think I researched that my headers won't fit the coyote. So I can pick up a coyote for $3k out of a junk yard. $1500 for engine control pack. $600 for trans controller. $500 for fuel setup. Anything else? All info will be helpful. Thanks
Old 06-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunsetter
So I'm sorry if some of this info has been talked about on other threads. I have found some but not all.
I'll start by saying I have a 06 stx 4x4 with the 4.6. My engine is gonna last forever. So when she goes I want to do a coyote swap.
I know the coyote basically uses the same block so the engine mounts are the exact same as mine and the bell housing pattern is the same so my 4r70w will bolt right up. The coyote uses separate computers for engine and trans. So I can but the engine control pack from ford racing and a stand alone trans controller for my trans. I've also gathered that the coyote uses a return type fuel system whereas mine uses return less. From what I can tell I would just need a fuel regulator and return line to my tank. I don't know that for sure it exactly how to go about that. Also I saw an accessory bracket kit for power steering pump and a/c. But I couldn't fine if that was only for a coyote transplant into a resto project. Or if my brackets were so different that I would need the new brackets. Also does the coyote utilize e fans or a mechanical fan? I also think I researched that my headers won't fit the coyote. So I can pick up a coyote for $3k out of a junk yard. $1500 for engine control pack. $600 for trans controller. $500 for fuel setup. Anything else? All info will be helpful. Thanks
Wrong section of the forum

Quick Reply: 5.0 coyote swap