Topic Sponsor

351C Intake Valley Pan does not fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 351C Intake Valley Pan does not fit

Hello,
I purchased a Fel-Pro intake manifold gasket set for my 1971 Ford 351C 2V engine from autozone.

On the box, it says part #:MS 96010
and indicates that it fits my motor.

However, the galley pan doesn't fit because the sides which mate up to the heads are not at the correct angle. Does that make sense? I feel like if I were to squeeze the sides together and fold them up, they would fit.

The dimensions all seem to be correct... meaning it looks and feels like the old one I removed, except for the mating surfaces are at the wrong angle.

Did I get the wrong pan? a defective pan? or is it something else... ??

thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Most likely the pan wasn't bent correctly. Could try getting another part and see if that is correct. May have to be bent to work correctly. They may bend them to fit the pan in the box. Haven't gotten that far on my '72 351C CJ 4bbl 4 bolt main engine yet. I may run into the same problem!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD-Toy
Most likely the pan wasn't bent correctly. Could try getting another part and see if that is correct. May have to be bent to work correctly.
Thought of that first but my local guy doesn't have another one in stock. But you know, I like the idea so much I think I might have to look wider, I'd really like to compare what I've got to a different one.

Thought of trying to bend it but it feels like it would need a lot of bending and I'm not sure I want to risk twisting it or something and it never sealing up.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Put the gasket in place, set the manifold on, bolt the manifold down in the corners, just snug them, remove the manifold and it should be bent enough to fit properly, they sell them flattened for packaging, or just get some regular Felpro gaskets.

Quick Reply: 351C Intake Valley Pan does not fit