Topic Sponsor

1987 302 light ticking help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 302 light ticking help!

Hey to all!,
As stated I have a 87 f150 302. I have dubbed her "Pebbles". Supposedly rebuilt heads. But when I got it she was bone dry no oil. I freaked. They drove from white settlement from Fort Worth to me here in rockwall texas.
I drained flushed and replaced all fluids/filters and noticed a ticking sound coming from passenger side cylinders. In idle in drive it's really noticeable. In park. It's their but not as loud. The speed of sound does pick up when givin throttle in drive but does not get louder by any means. In fact as I go faster and revs go up you can barely if at all still recognize it unless your next to a wall on the highway. Things I replaced due to the fact I you trully never know what's been done when you get a vehicle.
Thermostat
Temp sending unit.
Temp gage
Oil temp gage
Iac
Egr
Throttle ps.
Spark plugs and boots and wires
Fan switch
Really every switch access able and electrical component outside of computer and ecm on distributer...

Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking because it's not so loud maybe a manifold leak. Spraying heavy soap and dealing with the smell to try and find air escaping to no prevail yet... was also thinking now mayne roller rocker or push rods... anyone any input or direction would help.

Also... I've seen a few threads where people are getting iac cover plates as well as egr plates to help create more of a vacuum. I do idle a little high but have not been able to find any sort of oil leak... or vacuum leak...

Would those plates help create a stronger vacuum or be suggested at all?

Quick Reply: 1987 302 light ticking help!