Topic Sponsor

Few Questions with Fel-Pro 1024 install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Project QEMIS Lead

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Few Questions with Fel-Pro 1024 install.

So im working on replacing the head gasket in my 300. i have the felpro onhand atm, and it seems to have the oil and coolant ports not being pre cut or punched to let the oil and or coolant flow through.

Another question would be what torque spec should i be using for this head gasket?

Lastly ive been looking for a reference online for free for the best way of pulling the head, and only found ehow.com's listing. Wondering if theres a page for this.

Thanks again

Warren.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

it's pretty straight forward, start unbolting anything that attaches to the top and side of the engine, eventually the head will be the last thing you take off. when i did mine, the old gasket had the same holes not cut out, and the new one looked the same. there's lots of diagrams and info on google for torque specs, but best thing to do is buy the book from the local parts store, next best thing to do is take the intake and exhaust manifolds to a local machinist and have em verify alignment and grind them if necessary.

and remember to buy new head bolts...
might as well replace all the vacuum and fuel lines while your there
pull the lifters check for wear and replace with new ones (soak in oil overnight)
put the oil seal kit on the harmonic balancer
and replace any and all gaskets along the way
keep track of all bolts (i like to put them back in the hole they came of out if possible)
and if you have a tap and die set, it doesnt hurt to chase the old holes out and wire brush the old bolts if they arent being replaced, makes reassembly a snap

Quick Reply: Few Questions with Fel-Pro 1024 install.