Topic Sponsor

Exhaust Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Suggestion

Anyone have any suggestions on a muffler for the straight 6? Or is it even worth it? Really don't want it to sound like a tuner car/tin can sound.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly I've had a couple different ones on there. The first one was a thrush muffler that came on it when I bought it. It was cut underneath the cab and the bed so was super loud and the internals rattled a bit. I then went to straight pipe for like 10 minutes just to test it out. These straight 6's are very loud with nothing tuning them down. I then put a flow master not sure what series with a pipe exiting behind the passenger tire it had a nice rumble to it when you stepped on it but I was used to a loud truck so I cut that off and put a red cherry bomb on it. All honestly it sounds like a ricer but I had no choice. I almost want to get a resonator and straight pipe it. But I have to do a frame swap first. Then I'll worry about it. But no matter what they will never sound like a v8 and you just have to accept it.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've also wanted to put a stack on my truck(waiting for the hate to start about what I just said) but they do have really nice sound and I figured it would look really cool in the winter.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with a high flow cat. Same sound as straight pipe, but you need not worry about poisoning yourself. Then take a look through these:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/m...0%2B4294948821

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestion