Topic Sponsor

Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes

Hi guys I'm new around here . I've been lurking for a while and I must say the site has been very helpful . So thanks in advanced .

1984 Ford F150
4.9 L I6 with feedback carb.
4 Speed manual 4x4 transmission.
But now I have some problems with the truck . I've pulled the codes on the truck and here's what I was able to retrieve .
Code 22 -> manifold absolute pressure ( MAP ) or Baro sensor out of range . Code 41 -> HEGO ( HO2) . All these codes were pulled with KOEO.
Now if I'm not mistaking , those are continuous memory codes correct ? The truck idles fine . It just does this kinda jerk thing when I'm in gear driving . It doesn't do it while I'm picking up speed , just when I remain In whatever gear I chose to stay in basically .
I've tested the map sensor with a meter and a vacuum like it says on the book and also though a link I found here and it passed .
I have no vacuum leaks anywhere . The O2 sensor remains to be tested I just haven't had time to .
My question is , what would cause these codes to show ? Do I have a mysterious vacuum leak I can't hear or found ?is it an electrical problem ? Or could the O2 sensor cause this madness in system of the truck ?
Thank you so much in advanced guys . Any help is highly appreciated .
Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

O2 sensor can make it run all kind of goofy, most notably after the truck warms up.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1984
Hi guys I'm new around here . I've been lurking for a while and I must say the site has been very helpful . So thanks in advanced .

1984 Ford F150
4.9 L I6 with feedback carb.
4 Speed manual 4x4 transmission.
But now I have some problems with the truck . I've pulled the codes on the truck and here's what I was able to retrieve .
Code 22 -> manifold absolute pressure ( MAP ) or Baro sensor out of range . Code 41 -> HEGO ( HO2) . All these codes were pulled with KOEO.
Now if I'm not mistaking , those are continuous memory codes correct ? The truck idles fine . It just does this kinda jerk thing when I'm in gear driving . It doesn't do it while I'm picking up speed , just when I remain In whatever gear I chose to stay in basically .
I've tested the map sensor with a meter and a vacuum like it says on the book and also though a link I found here and it passed .
I have no vacuum leaks anywhere . The O2 sensor remains to be tested I just haven't had time to .
My question is , what would cause these codes to show ? Do I have a mysterious vacuum leak I can't hear or found ?is it an electrical problem ? Or could the O2 sensor cause this madness in system of the truck ?
Thank you so much in advanced guys . Any help is highly appreciated .
There are three banks of codes.

Koeo key on engine off
Cm continuous memory
Koer key on engine running

Do you have any of those old plastic vacuum lines in there still? They are notorious for breaking and causing a leak.
And as said before, bad o2 sensor will cause the engine to not run right.

Quick Reply: Codes