Topic Sponsor

Blown head gasket

Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Blown head gasket

4 days ago I got my oil changed. At the shop they didn't put the plug back into the pan properly, this caused a slow leak that I noticed but it wasn't too bad. Roughly 400 miles later it fell out while driving on the interstate and I lost all of my oil. This eventually caused my truck to overheat and the engine cut out while doing roughly 75 MPH. As a result I now have a blown head gasket, no heat, and oil now flows from every crack possible. Those are only the problems that I know of before I can get it to a mechanic. Could anyone possibly tell me what the rough cost of repairs would be just for materials? Or if anyone has had experience working on something like this, their assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I doubt a blown head gasket is your only problem. At the very least, your crank and/or cam bearings likely need to be changed as well. You're probably looking at a major engine overhaul or a new engine.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had figured that much. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that is was the drain plug until it was out of oil. I will be talking with the place of business about them covering the cost of fixing my truck. But I will be picking the shop where all the repairs are done and also what new parts will be put in. I am going to be sure that I get nothing but the best when it comes to that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown head gasket