Topic Sponsor

1994 300-6 Build questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1994 300-6 Build questions

Looking at pulling my engine here in the next year and wanted to hear your guys idea at how you would build a fuel injected I6

My ultimate goal of course would be to turbo it after a complete rebuild, but that will require a lot of time and electronic wiring since I'm not MAF.

How would your six cylinder build go?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Professional lackey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being a 94 I don't think boost would be a viable option. Since it's speed density you'd never be able to see the full potential of boost and tuning the PCM is an issue. It's also because of the speed density that most aftermarket cams clearly state "not for fuel injected models". The preprogrammed block tuning of speed density just can't cope with the increased air and fuel coming into the engine.

Personally if I were you, i'd throw in a set of good pistons, have the heads machined and opened up slightly, Clifford Performance headers, find the hottest cam that will work with speed density, and really just freshen up the motor. Really if I were you my goal would be to just bring the HP and TQ up to the standards of todays motors. About 225hp +/-25 at the rear wheels.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

We had a long turbo thread a while back, https://www.f150forum.com/f86/turbo-charging-167809/

The speed density vs maf fell in there somewhere too.
I think i would start with optimizing a cylinder head and valvetrain, with some accurate airflow numbers for the head you can find a cam that will have a good lift for max flow and enough duration to rpm high enough to take advantage of the head flow, then you build the bottom end match.

Quick Reply: 1994 300-6 Build questions