Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Wiring LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Wiring LED lights

Hi everyone,

I am new here, checking in from Toronto, Canada! I just picked up my 14' F150 XLT scab last week and I am loving my first truck so far!

I was hoping someone here could help me figure out how to wire my LED's as I am a bit novice to electrical work.

I have laying around x2 27w Flood LED's I want to install behind my grill and I bought a 40A universal lighting harness with a 20 amp inline fuse.

I am pretty sure of the wiring up until the part of the quick connector...it says I need to connect the red wire from the switch to the low or high beam; well I don't want to run the lights off my low or high beam, I just want them to work when I turn on the switch. Is it necessary for me to wire this for the connector to work? If so where could I wire it to?

For the LED's I am assuming white goes to positive (red wire on led) and black goes to black, and everything follows suit (white is positive and black is always ground). Correct me if I am wrong? I would appreciate the help, thank you!

Name:  Tp9SVuZ.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  28.1 KB
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 210 Likes on 167 Posts

That is one intense wiring diagram. If you wanna save a lot of time just find a fuse that is hot on ignition and off when the key is off and run your power and inline fuse to that and find a common ground. 2 hours faster lol
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing exactly that. I just brought the switch inside the cabin and wired it to a hot ignition fuse using a fuse tap. Everything else is wired up in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: Wiring LED lights