Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Wiring?

I'm considering getting a moonvisor, and an array of other lights for my 2002. My question is...

How do yall wire it?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

the moonvisor, though I don't like doing this personally, can be wired into the parking light circuit. im assuming the visor has 4 running lights on it. I would wire the visor with a relay to the battery with proper fuse, ground, load (lights) and I would use the parking light wire as the switch for the relay. this will protect both circuits.

as for the other lights you can do it the same way with a relay and using the factory wiring as the "switch" wire OR wire the aux. lights to the battery with their own fuse and relay. I am a fan of ALWAYS wiring aux. items with their own circuit unless for some reason it needs to be tapped into the factory circuit.

whatever you do DO NOT forget to use a fuse to protect the circuit. and don't just jamb any ol' fuse in there. check the total amperage draw of the circuit and install the proper fuse. any light kit will already have the properly rated fuse included in the kit.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pity7700
the moonvisor, though I don't like doing this personally, can be wired into the parking light circuit. im assuming the visor has 4 running lights on it. I would wire the visor with a relay to the battery with proper fuse, ground, load (lights) and I would use the parking light wire as the switch for the relay. this will protect both circuits.

as for the other lights you can do it the same way with a relay and using the factory wiring as the "switch" wire OR wire the aux. lights to the battery with their own fuse and relay. I am a fan of ALWAYS wiring aux. items with their own circuit unless for some reason it needs to be tapped into the factory circuit.

whatever you do DO NOT forget to use a fuse to protect the circuit. and don't just jamb any ol' fuse in there. check the total amperage draw of the circuit and install the proper fuse. any light kit will already have the properly rated fuse included in the kit.
Thanks mate
Old 04-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

no problem man!

Quick Reply: Wiring?