Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Whats the difference between these sets of taillights?

Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the difference between these sets of taillights?

Hi guys,

I just bought an F-150 in the last year.. it's my first truck, and I haven't really caught up on to speed as to aftermarket or even OEM parts.

I was on ebay looking for taillights because one of mine cracked somehow (I assume a hit and run). It still works fine, but I figured I'd replace it anyways and, while I'm at it, update the look a bit.

Anyways, I found two taillights that practically looked the same... Harley Davidson SVT taillights. One was a driver's side taillight, the other was a pair of the taillights. To my surprise, the single taillight was more expensive than the pair.

Driver's side
Pair

The part number is also different.. the single is part # BL3Z-13405-AB, and the pair is part number AL3Z-13404-AE.

So my question is, what's the difference between the two? They must not be the same if the price is that far off.

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid newbie question.. it won't be my last I'm sure. lol
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't think any questions are stupid (because I ask a ton myself).
This may not be the answer you wanted, but have you tried the vendors here that offer discounts to members of the site? I've purchased things from them, and felt good in knowing I was definitely getting real ford parts. Have a look in the vendors section and email them for pricing. I've used Tasca before with great results. Just bought a set of smoked Tails and smoked 3rd brakelight from Brandon at Custom Auto Lighting (a vendor here, with an ebay store) and had amazing service/ great product. You could also go LED.

If you are going to replace....maybe upgrade? Just a thought...
Old 04-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The difference is, Ford sells these tail lights individually and as pairs. Buying the pairs is far cheaper per light, than buying one light. The part numbers are different because one is the part number for the pair, while the other is the part number for just the driver's side. If you are going to upgrade, just buy the pair.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess the weird thing I found was that not only were they cheaper per light two buy two (which would make sense) but it was actually cheaper to buy two than it was to buy one.. which I just don't get. The pair was $160 all in... whereas the single was $200.

And Jima, I'll take a look around and see what all is out there, but for me, these are an upgrade and provide a nice look.. I'm not really one into anything too crazy. I don't think smoked tails are bad though, but might look a little out of place on my truck though given it's current look, whereas the HD's would be a nice fit. I've also never really been too fond of LED lights, but I'll take a look and see what is out there.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by cstooch; 04-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats the difference between these sets of taillights?