Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

What ebay/amazon brand LED did you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default What ebay/amazon brand LED did you buy?

Im in the market for either a 20" bar to put where my front license plate is (have to find a relocation bracket of some sort of move it) or a couple of cubes that will fit behind my grill, off to the side (6 bar XLT chrome style).

I was thinking about 2 rigid d2 driving lights, but $360 canadian for 12 LED lightbulbs seems pretty damn expensive. So for around $250 less I can get a 20" lightbar from amazon/ebay.

I want them for off road use / dark mountain highways where my current halogen headlights are not good enough; obviously when no other vehicles are in front of me.

That being said,

What brand of non-rigid LED bar/cube did you buy? How do you like it, how has it held up, and what conditions do you put it through?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

If you can't afford Rigid, the next best thing is AuxBeam. I did a lot of research before picking a brand (outside of Rigid of course) to sell. All the reviews/videos I saw kept coming back to how great AuxBeam was, so that's my recomendation.

You can buy AuxBeam on amazon all day long (check my site as well, I usually have better pricing since I'm a dealer).

I personally put the 54" LED Curved bar on my truck. I'd also recommend if you buy their equipment, look for the 5D lights. That'll be tough on amazon because nobody really lists WHICH specific model. The 5D are the latest bars off their line, and I know they also have the pressure release valve on them as well, which helps against condensation. They also give you a wiring harness (though I prefer to make my own).

I wouldn't go with anything else besides AuxBeam or Rigid. There are SO MANY other no-name brands out there from China. It's all from China in all honesty but Rigid/AuxBeam go one step further to ensure nothing leaks/etc...

I believe Rigid has a 3 year warranty, AuxBeam a 1 year warranty.

If you need Rigid and know the model, shoot me a PM. I don't have ALL the Rigid lights on my site because they have a huge product line (same for AuxBeam, I just put the top CREE stuff on my site)

No matter where you buy, ensure the reviews are good and the price works for you.

BTW a 20" LED Bar from AuxBeam is $88 (5D), from Rigid it's $829 (RDS-Series)

That's USD mind you.

Other brands to look for are Baja Designs (I sell that as well but it's not on my site). They are not as popular as Rigid/AuxBeam but they have some quality products. They are big with the smaller style lights, like for your fogs/driving.

This is the light I actually just ordered for myself, for the exact same spot as you, the license plate frame (just above it, I have a bracket that goes on the license plate frame for the bar):

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbeam-...lood-dual-row/

Last edited by 230748; 03-10-2016 at 06:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jack-Daniel (03-11-2016)
Old 03-11-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just order whatever's on ebay for cheapest thats in the US. They aren't the best by any means. Probably epistar and not even cree but i got 2 cubes for 16$ shipped. Had wire and taps already so got them installed by myself and they help more than anything. I have a pair of cubes for reverse. A pair of 4.5 inch circles for fogs in my ranch hand bumper. And a 32 inch curved bar all from ebay sellers.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the response.

What would you guys recommend for the brighest, most useful light off-road?

2 cubes mounted behind my 6 bar grill (of to the side) and maybe 2 beside the license plate

or 1 bar in between the 2 bumper pads?

I know that the higher the light is mounted the more effective it will be, I just dont know which will provide more light- the cubes higher or the bar lower.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

You'll get more lumen with a single larger bar then 2 smaller cubes. Yes the higher the bar, the further you can throw light. How far are you trying to light things up?

Here is an option that is simple and well... simple... put a 20" light bar right over your license plate frame with these:

20" Light Bar: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbeam-...lood-dual-row/

License Plate Bracket: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/front-bu...nting-bracket/

Easy and gives you good light, that's the new 5D bar so it has flood and spot patterns at the same time.

You could also try the 20" without the bracket in between the bumper pads, which is a popular option. On my '15 V8 that wasn't an option without cutting a hole in the plastic. So the license plate holder worked for me (I put a 23" bar there myself).

I like the cubes, but they are small and great for accenting smaller areas now lighting up a wide area. It all depends on WHERE you are trying to light things up

These Rigid Duallys are great: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/driving-...id-industries/

Quick Reply: What ebay/amazon brand LED did you buy?