Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Weird issue lighting/LED gurus please come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Weird issue lighting/LED gurus please come in

So I recently converted all my interior and exterior lighting to LED on my 2011. The strange issue I'm having now is I have my headlights set to auto and when the main headlights/parking lights come on I get hyperflash on both blinkers. However when they arent on I don't get hyperflash. I have 2 resistors on each bulb (2 per taillight). Any ideas what could be causing the hyperflash when the headlights are on?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Where did you purchase your leds if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:20 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nickpatton_189
Where did you purchase your leds if you don't mind me asking?
I actually didn't even purchase them. I bought my interior LED light kit from a popular website (drivebright.com) and found out he was actually local. I had an issue with one of the map LED's not being the exact color as the other (not noticeable to others but I'm **** with my stuff so I noticed). Contacted him, met him at his house and swapped out the lights. He had a bunch of other LED's so he started swapping out what he could. We swapped out the puddle lights, fogs, reverse lights, cargo, 3rd brake light, front turn signal, tail light. Well the first time around we only did the passenger side tails and front turn signal (was on a time crunch). Put 2 resistors on the tail and everything was good. So we were both busy but was finally able to get the other side done this Sunday. Did the same thing as the passenger side but when I was driving at night I noticed hyper flashing. I was able to narrowed it down and found out I only get hyper flashing when the the headlights are on or if I manually switch to just running parking lights.

Quick Reply: Weird issue lighting/LED gurus please come in