Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Vleds V3 Triton Gen2 Switchback - Hyperflash Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Vleds V3 Triton Gen2 Switchback - Hyperflash Problem

Just though I would let those interested in this lighting mod know that it will not work on the New F150's with HID lighting. Another member on this site had success with the 1st generation set up and this is why I had bought these.
They changed the control module and now there is hyper flashing on the passenger side and while it does this there is no flashing light at all on the outside. On the driver’s side the switchback flashing works but it switches between the white and amber light intermittently when the flasher is not engaged.
On this new generation setup the resistors are supposed to be built in. I have contacted their tech support. They tell me the problem is known to them and they are working on a solution. It took 3 months to receive my order so I hope they are quicker with tech support than the ordering process. So far not a great experience but if they get back to me with a fix that works or I figure it out myself I will post my results.
The following users liked this post:
1getz (05-30-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 12:43 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Do you need to change out your flasher relay for those. I know on my Ranger and my 07 150, that you need to replace the relay up under the steering column with a EP27 flasher relay for LEDs.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Unfortunatly on the 2013 there is no flasher relay. It is controlled by the ECU. Vled's has contacted me and said they have a solutiuon. I am told they will be selling an inline adapter that will fix the problem. I am not not sure when this will be avalible or the cost. I belive this problem is on all ford vehicals with HID.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Good to know, hopefully it works out for you.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Just thought I would post a follow up. This has been going on a LONG time. I have installed and removed this system so many times my fasteners are worn out. So far half of the problem is solved. By adding 3 diodes in series on the signal wire it has cured the hyper flash. The problem of the light changing from white to amber intermittently when it is not supposed to is still happening.

Bottom line for those looking to add this on any ford with HID this still does not work.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

They sent me the pigtail with the fix weeks ago, their service has been top notch in my regards.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have switchbacks on my f-150 with resistors and no hyper flash problem. Would of been nice if we could replace the flasher but that's not the case here
Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Reatki
They sent me the pigtail with the fix weeks ago, their service has been top notch in my regards.
Don't get me wrong the service has been good. Just burnt out and frustrated on this mod.

Also just noticed I have 2 difrent color bulbs. Looks like one 5000k and 1 6000k. I just can't catch a break on this one.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 AM

Quick question for thoes with HID on their trucks. Do you have day time running lights? By this I mean when the truck is running and the headlights and marker lights are off and you put the truck in gear do your front signal markers light up?

I think this is my problem as I have just noticed that the only time I have the random switch back is during day time running light operation.

Not sure if the US trucks have this option enabled. They force it on us Canucks.

Quick Reply: Vleds V3 Triton Gen2 Switchback - Hyperflash Problem