Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

TailLight & 3rd Brake light

Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TailLight & 3rd Brake light

I need suggestions on non- OEM Taillights and 3rd brake light...
My current OEM taillight and 3rd brake light are been cracked.
Any suggestion will be considered... I have a 2007 F150.

Thank you!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really could use suggestions... I hear Spyder and Recon Taillights and 3rd break light are not the best quality? Is this true...
Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I own recon tail lights, head lights and the 3rd brake light. I have owned them for about a year now, and I was happy at first, but I did started to notice that not all of my LEDs on the headlights come on, sometimes they do sometimes they donīt. Not sure why. On my tail lights I am having a problem with the upper part of the braking lights (only when I press on the brakes they cut out, the bottom braking lights work). I contacted recon on this issue which they are very helpful with sending me new resistors, but the problem came back. The 3rd brake light I have had no problems with. Also on the head lights when I received them one of the ballast was bad, I contacted Recon about it, which one rep was a little rude, I told him that a professional custom off road shop installed them. He went on to ask me what makes him a professional thats when I turned on what I call you mode. I finally got a hold of a manager which he was very helpful and sent me 2 ballast for the head lights. My overall opinion on Recon is this rating scale 1-5.

Customer Service - 4
Headlights - 3.5
Tail Lights - 3
3rd Light - 5

Hope this is helpful for you.. I will reply once I figure out my tail light problem.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok sorry for the late reply, the problem with my tail lights was a connection with the light and factory plugs. I just disconnected and reconnected the plugs, then I put a zip tie around them so it would not happen again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TailLight & 3rd Brake light