Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Swapping high beams with low beams

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Swapping high beams with low beams

Has anyone considered swapping the H11 high beams with the 9005 low beams? That way you have 4 low beam bulbs and just drive with your "brights" on all the time for better output but not blinding?
Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayhawk76
Has anyone considered swapping the H11 high beams with the 9005 low beams? That way you have 4 low beam bulbs and just drive with your "brights" on all the time for better output but not blinding?
Howdy.

Problem's gonna be the housing...

- high beam location/reflector optimized fer high beam pattern ( will pekker the output from a low-beam bulb, reckon )

- aiming will be an issue as it's a common aiming mechanism - won't be able to get one or other 'plane'/cutoff to line up

Lastly - bulb basing/fitment/seating/locking issue

BTW - 9005 is the hi-beam, H11 is the low

Nice thinkin' outside the box though!

Cheers
MGD

Last edited by MGD; 04-23-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
Howdy. Problem's gonna be the housing... - high beam location/reflector optimized fer high beam pattern ( will pekker the output from a low-beam bulb, reckon - aiming will be an issue as it's a common aiming mechanism - won't be able to get one of other 'plane'/cutoff to line up. Lastly - bulb basing/fitment/seating/locking issue
That is kind of what I figured but I just thought about it and wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

yeah the housing itself is aimed higher for the high beams so it would not work

You could put led bulbs in the fogs and lows and get some awesome light output and maybe sim the fogs higher

My fogs are as bright as my lows but are aimed down low to the ground to cover directly in front of my truck

Quick Reply: Swapping high beams with low beams