Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Stumped on turn signal/parking light

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:45 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Stumped on turn signal/parking light

2013 FX4, R turn signal stopped working awhile back. Thought it was the filament as the bulb lights but does not signal (i.e., blinking turn). Took the bulb out, didn't see a broken filament. This bulb works fine on other side; also, that side's bulb (worked fine) doesn't work on the R side. All fuses are fine (i.e., #30, #13, #14 in passenger side box).

Couple of other items:

--I had DRLs turned on by my dealer long ago, everything worked fine for several months until this. So it can't be that, right?

--I also installed LED strips from Custom Dynamics as DRLs - they tapped into the turn signal/parking light wiring. These also worked fine for several months until this. So it can't be that, either, right? This all started after several months w/both these items working just fine.

Any ideas? Computer related? There's no flasher in the newer trucks, right? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said you tapped into the turn signal wire, make sure that it is not completely severed.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

I did. I even removed those LED DRLs and covered w/tape to see if it might be some issue with them.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Did you check voltage at the plug? I don't have a '13; but assume it's still just a dual voltage bulb. Check for the partial and full voltage readings at the plug.

How did you tap your wires for your LED strips? T-taps, scotchloks, solder?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by terraformer
I did. I even removed those LED DRLs and covered w/tape to see if it might be some issue with them.
Did you use a multimeter?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

It's possible that the BCM saw more amperage being used than what is acceptable so the circuit will get shut down. This could be due to a bad connection, too many lights ( I doubt your LEDs would cause it), bad ground, faulty bulbs. Sometimes pulling the battery cables will reset this. If not the dealer may have to reset.

Quick Reply: Stumped on turn signal/parking light