Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Strobe lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Strobe lights

Does anyone have a hookup with a strobe light company?

I need to order some new lights for work and would not like to spend an arm and a leg! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared Hall

I need to order some new lights for work and would not like to spend an arm and a leg! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/emergency-strobe/
Old 04-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Originally Posted by Fatfenders
Yes, and I have searched many websites and vendors. I was wondering if anyone has any products that they personally use and like...
Old 04-13-2015, 09:12 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

try speedtechlights.com
Old 04-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Originally Posted by redknight1
try speedtechlights.com
I'll check it out.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With emergency lighting, you get what you pay for. Over the years I have used many brands and some offer good value when compared to the big names. For example, I find Whacker lights from EmergencyCity.com to be fantastic. I use them every day in my patrol vehicle and have an 8 head bar that's going strong after 7 years of law enforcement duty.

For stuff like corner strobes, stick with trusted brands. I always recommend and spec out Whelen Vertex LEDs. In my opinion, they are the best. At +/-$75 each, they aren't cheap. But you get what you pay for.

An often overlooked issue with lights is that people cheap out and get inexpensive lights. If you're on a job site and someone gets run over, were those lights SAE compliant (and thus OSHA approved)?

I recommend EmergencyCity.com for shopping. I've been a customer for years and years. I have also found good deals on Whelen products at Sirennet.com in the past.
The following users liked this post:
Jared Hall (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Originally Posted by pw1981
With emergency lighting, you get what you pay for. Over the years I have used many brands and some offer good value when compared to the big names. For example, I find Whacker lights from EmergencyCity.com to be fantastic. I use them every day in my patrol vehicle and have an 8 head bar that's going strong after 7 years of law enforcement duty.

For stuff like corner strobes, stick with trusted brands. I always recommend and spec out Whelen Vertex LEDs. In my opinion, they are the best. At +/-$75 each, they aren't cheap. But you get what you pay for.

An often overlooked issue with lights is that people cheap out and get inexpensive lights. If you're on a job site and someone gets run over, were those lights SAE compliant (and thus OSHA approved)?

I recommend EmergencyCity.com for shopping. I've been a customer for years and years. I have also found good deals on Whelen products at Sirennet.com in the past.
Thanks for the lengthy response! I will definitely check them out. My former boss provided us with extremely cheap PepBoys lights that are white only. In Texas white only is illegal to drive with, do you know how many times I would leave the site on the highway with the lights on and get cited for illegal usage? Too many times. Plus I know these light weren't even DOT approved. I'm ready to spend a little bit of extra money for good quality and brightness.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:17 AM

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

I had a pair of blues that I ran on my rig while I was a volunteer here in AK. About a month after having them installed I hit a Moose. Broke the entire front grille the lights were attached to, but the lights and their mounts were still fully intact and operational. I also ran a Galls deck light in my windshield.

SoundOff Signal is the name of the company that makes the lights. I had a pair of the Ghost Grille/Deck Lights. Installed it cost me about $300. They were extremely bright and provided plenty of notification. I could reflect off roadside signs 1/4 mile down the road.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Originally Posted by akmedic77
I had a pair of blues that I ran on my rig while I was a volunteer here in AK. About a month after having them installed I hit a Moose. Broke the entire front grille the lights were attached to, but the lights and their mounts were still fully intact and operational. I also ran a Galls deck light in my windshield.

SoundOff Signal is the name of the company that makes the lights. I had a pair of the Ghost Grille/Deck Lights. Installed it cost me about $300. They were extremely bright and provided plenty of notification. I could reflect off roadside signs 1/4 mile down the road.
Did you have any rear facing lights?

I'm stuck on the fence about how to setup the rear. It will be illuminated more than the front unless I'm a lead pilot car in a truck convoy.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Did you have any rear facing lights?

I'm stuck on the fence about how to setup the rear. It will be illuminated more than the front unless I'm a lead pilot car in a truck convoy.
I didn't, but I should have. AK law tecnhincally states I needed 360* coverage. I had a small strobe beacon to place on top if I had to stop on a scene.

I would have mounted them to the bumper and the back window. I moved away before I could finish setting the rig up.

Quick Reply: Strobe lights