Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Started retrofit 07 STX

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Started retrofit 07 STX

Acura TL (Stanley BiXenon) in a set of black eBay housings. Not sure yet if I am going to paint the reflector and shroud black or leave them chrome. Using the original Apollo shroud on them. Just started on one a little while ago, they had Morimoto mini-h1 in them but I wasn't happy with the cutoff on one of them (curved instead of straight). About to get out the other and pull the Mori projector out and start cutting for the TL. The TL projector is HUGE! Going to go thru the reflector and mount to the housing due to eBay lamp reflector being a bit wobbly. I also have a set of ZKW-R lenses coming from TRS to aid in color and sharpness on the cutoff. Should be sweet when done. Had all my retrofitting parts out last night, realized I may have a problem lol! Have 3 sets of Hella E55 BiXenon if anyone is interested (one of which is a Maxima pair (super pretty blue/purple flicker)). Was going to use the Maximas if not for the TL I had come thru work.
Attached Thumbnails Started retrofit 07 STX-2013-07-11-15.02.58.jpg   Started retrofit 07 STX-2013-07-11-15.03.06.jpg   Started retrofit 07 STX-2013-07-11-15.03.20.jpg   Started retrofit 07 STX-xodk8kqzgbe6gwd1xtmn_-lnhktfr7l7ltajenyfxig.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM

Finally got around to working on them some more since it is slow at work. Aimed and mounted the projector to the reflector, after painting reflector flat black. Will leave shroud chrome. Hopefully the lens will go back on, the projector had to be mounted a bit forward of where I had it mocked up due to the ignitor hitting on the radiator support. If not I will get another pair of ebay lights and use a set of Nissan Maxima (Hella E55) shown above to retrofit instead. They are a bit shallower and smaller over all compared to the Stanley BiXenon found in the Acura TL I am using.

Last edited by chris.c; 08-16-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM

Well, will be starting over on this project. With the projectors where I originally placed them, the bulb and ignitor hit the core support. With them placed further forward the shroud hits the lens. Will have to scrap current setup (Acura TL projectors may end up for sale) and try a set of E55 I have or get a set of FX-R from TRS.

Quick Reply: Started retrofit 07 STX