Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Some Lights dont work

Old 07-24-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some Lights dont work

Hi all, newbie here. I am installing a backup camera on the bumper. While looking for a good power source (wire) I blew out ??? I did check "all" fuses in the passenger compartment.

Whats NOT working: License plate lamps, Running (Parking) lamps front & rear, "warning chime" when lights are on & door is open, "warning light" on console when break is set.
Whats working: Reverse lamps, headlights and fog lamps.

Not sure about break lights as I cannot check this by myself.
All interior lights work.
Help!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

You need to include more specifics about your truck: year, etc. Also, how were you "looking" for the power source? With a meter or just stabbing wires with a paper clip? If you're still having trouble you need to provide a little more information.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Benchwarmer....So sorry for insufficient info! (new to this forum) Problem solved. Had I looked a little further in the manual, I would have seen there is another Fuse Panel in the Engine Compartment. THAT was the fuse that was blown. Thank You so much for your time! Much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Glad you got it figured out
Old 08-14-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you get the backup cam from?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:05 PM

@ Lukeharper: Got the back up cam on Amazon $45
E-best®4.3" Foldable TFT LCD Monitor Backup Reverse Monitor Night Vision + Universal 7pcs LED Night Vision Car Rear View Camera System
Sold by: E-Storebestchoice
Old 09-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@Chiquii: thanks for your referral. One question, how do you hook this up for it to activate in the Reverse gear please? Thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Cam! its cool that it came with a display! mine didnt, i had to buy a navi system to hook mine into :P

Originally Posted by lukeharper
@Chiquii: thanks for your referral. One question, how do you hook this up for it to activate in the Reverse gear please? Thanks!!!
Its not too difficult, all you need to do is find a 12 v signal that is energized when you shift into reverse... what is one thing that you know that comes on when you reverse? Your reverse lights !!! so all you need to do is connect the lead wire ( usually a sense wire, or power wire) of the camera (possibily including an external display, if you dont have a navi with built in BUCC) to the positive wire of your reverse light. Pretty simple.

**** NOTE- I do have 15+ year in the electronics field..... DO NOT, i repeat... Please for your own sanity time dont use scotch locks on components out side the cab. Its fast at first, but will cause you many problems in the near future. Even though it is behind a lens and inside the body panels, moisture, dirt, snow, slush ( i live in canada) will get in the connection and corrode the connection. Under the dash, up high, behind your navi, or radio , scotch locks can be useful... but not for outside purposes. Use an soldering iron and some soldering lead to join the wire tap off of the brown wire in the sheath from the reverse light harness. Tap the wire, don't cut the wire. Then obviously electrical tape. ( personally so heat shrink tubing + tape is always good)

Flip your truck in reverse and your camera/display is now powered!

This was my camera kit for my 2010 f150

Factory camera- in factory box and wrapping - compared at the $800 my ford dealer wanted for it...

https://camera-source.com/automotive...display-s.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some Lights dont work