Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Some LED Lighting for my 2013 FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some LED Lighting for my 2013 FX4?

Hello everyone, i have been looking all over at Ambient LED Lighting. i like the factory kit installed i believe in the Limited. and have also read about a dealer installed kit. the dealer installed kit i believe was around $400 and most people suggest that it is way to much money for what you get. ( a led in your cup holder , console, and a couple in the foot room of the truck)

I would love to have some lighting in the foot room of the truck front/back, console, cupholders, etc. i have been looking at using red flexible strips of LEDs. Some kits have "controlers" that allow you to dim,pulse,etc. or even react to sound like music.

MY QUESTION i assume i can purchase components to make these strip lights fade,dim, pulse, can i buy something to make them react to music? will these lights work with these "fancier things"

i will also mention now that i have no idea how to wire these lights, or "tap" into the proper wires, in the proper places.

anyone who has installed lighting like this, or has any knowledge, or links to available components it would be greatly appreciated.

Also i have a set of recon side mirror LED lights to replace the stock fugly reflectors. but same thing, i dont know where or how to wire them in. Pretty sure i have to remove the mirror glass right?

and maybe in the future( depending how this goes) fornt and rear recon illuminated door sills

Thank you in advance for any help
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM

i have even read now that it may be possible to "reflash" your sync computer and be able to opperate lighting from the touch screen.

In the Limiteds is the factory ambient lighting cointroled by the touch screen
edit: Who has done custom interior lighting before?

Last edited by Fordfan780; 07-15-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added
Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote from Ford
Shop Ford Truck Ford Products
The OEM Ford F-150 Multi Color LED Interior Ambient Lighting Kit gives you multiple options when it comes to illuminating the inside of your truck cab. Each kit comes with two LED-generated light bars for the foot wells and a LED-generated light for the cup holder area. Controls for the color options that can be adjusted to seven different schemes (red, yellow, green, blue, aqua, purple or white.). Includes a simple on-off switch to change the interior features from the dull ordinary look to a bright glowing night look. You will receive instructions and all the necessary wires and attaching hardware for an easy installation. Give your truck's interior a custom look that is second to none.

Comes with two LED light bars for the foot wells
Includes one LED light for the cup holder area
Instructions with wiring and mounting hardware
Features seven different color options
On-Off switch for easy access
Looking to brighten up the interior of your truck? The OEM Ford F-150 Multi Color LED Interior Ambient Lighting Kit makes the included solid colors extremely vibrant and crisp giving the interior of your truck a custom, one of a kind look.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fordfan780
Quote from Ford
Shop Ford Truck Ford Products
The OEM Ford F-150 Multi Color LED Interior Ambient Lighting Kit gives you multiple options when it comes to illuminating the inside of your truck cab. Each kit comes with two LED-generated light bars for the foot wells and a LED-generated light for the cup holder area. Controls for the color options that can be adjusted to seven different schemes (red, yellow, green, blue, aqua, purple or white.). Includes a simple on-off switch to change the interior features from the dull ordinary look to a bright glowing night look. You will receive instructions and all the necessary wires and attaching hardware for an easy installation. Give your truck's interior a custom look that is second to none.

Comes with two LED light bars for the foot wells
Includes one LED light for the cup holder area
Instructions with wiring and mounting hardware
Features seven different color options
On-Off switch for easy access
Looking to brighten up the interior of your truck? The OEM Ford F-150 Multi Color LED Interior Ambient Lighting Kit makes the included solid colors extremely vibrant and crisp giving the interior of your truck a custom, one of a kind look.
Has anybody had this installed or installed it themselves? i assume the on/off switch is a toggle switch and not connected to the SYNC system.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There isn't anyway I know of to dim a LED light other than using something like Night Shades paint. It is probably due to how a diode works, its either on or off.

I bought a 15ft long flexible strip of blue LEDs on Amazon for about $10 deliverd to my door. They wrap around from one side of the bed to the other, covering the three sides. I have them stuck up under the bed rails out of sight and shining down.They are just a bit too bright for the effect I wanted inside a topper with a carpet kit. I think I am going to put electrical tape over some of the lights so that less light gets out.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Dog
There isn't anyway I know of to dim a LED light other than using something like Night Shades paint. It is probably due to how a diode works, its either on or off.

I bought a 15ft long flexible strip of blue LEDs on Amazon for about $10 deliverd to my door. They wrap around from one side of the bed to the other, covering the three sides. I have them stuck up under the bed rails out of sight and shining down.They are just a bit too bright for the effect I wanted inside a topper with a carpet kit. I think I am going to put electrical tape over some of the lights so that less light gets out.
http://www.ledlightscanada.com/product_p/llc-kcdimm.htm lots of dimmers and controllers here
Old 08-03-2013, 03:15 PM

today i received my 10M 5050 60 RGB strip lighting, an audio LED controller and a few handfuls of various conectors, quick conectors. i guess i still need some wire. is speaker wire ok? whats the best place to "tap" into some 12v?
Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 AM

do i need some kind of fuse??

Quick Reply: Some LED Lighting for my 2013 FX4?