Retrofits - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Lighting

Retrofits

Old 12-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Retrofits

Can I get some recommendations on some places that do good work to get a set of retrofits for my 06. Thanks
kitchenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 01-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #2

Nobody has a recommendation.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #3

No one better than bilinvic Retrofits. Check out his monstrous thread in this forum.
dtexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dtexan1 For This Useful Post:
1getz (01-14-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #4

TRS has dealers listed so check out their dealers.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/authorized-dealers
03Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #5

Cesar (Lightwerkz) did my retrofit on my previous car in 2008. I never had any issues with them, sold the car in December 2013. It was pretty simple and he was cool enough to allow the people who I bought the parts from to mail everything directly to his shop so I wouldn’t have to pay to ship everything. Turnaround was roughly 2-3 weeks IIRC. Clean cut retro and OEM looking. Reasonable price and pretty cheap looking back on it.

here's a few pictures of them. there's more on my flickr page in my signature.

Click the image to open in full size.
Untitled by Robert, on Flickr

cutoff about 30ft away.
cutoff by Robert, on Flickr

the beautiful cutoff roughly 100ft away.
HID Retro Cutoff by Robert, on Flickr

***FS: Appearance Package grille***
yanki01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yanki01 For This Useful Post:
MGD (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #6

Bilinvic does do nice work and I'm not saying he's not worth it but his prices are real high compared to other guys I've seen that I'm sure do great work too. Plus I had email him a couple weeks ago and never got a response.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
MGD
former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenboy View Post
Bilinvic does do nice work and I'm not saying he's not worth it but his prices are real high compared to other guys I've seen that I'm sure do great work too. Plus I had email him a couple weeks ago and never got a response.
IMHO - given yer location, yer choice is clear - Lightwerx is Top-Tier.

Distance From you to Lightwerx ( Howell to Oakland ):

1 h 29 min (87.5 mi) via Garden State Pkwy

Road trip.

A properly-executed retrofit is not gonna be cheap when factoring in labour and top-shelf components. Trust me - you do NOT want to save a few buckeroos by giving this job to some nipple-pierced hucklebum with an oven and some epoxy, lol.

OR, you can just do it yerself and save $$$ - there is NO End of detailed tutorial information on this site and others.

Do some reading, watch some vidyas - I think you can pull it off

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/f150-he...-4-min-240983/ (different MY, but exact same process - cake)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RetrofitSource/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/RetrofitSource

ETA: On the topic of BIV - small company/family/vacation/other - folks need to demonstrate a little patience. At yer age, you should be past the 'instant-gratification' stage, lol.

Good luck!

Cheers!
Ol' Bubber

Last edited by MGD; 01-14-2016 at 10:20 AM.
MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MGD For This Useful Post:
RES4CUE (01-16-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #8

mimic of what MGD said, the driving distance from a top tier retrofitter is a big PLUS IMO. Like I said, he did mine in 2008 and even before that, he was a well established retrofitter. It's 2016 now and still pumping out top quality work.

***FS: Appearance Package grille***
yanki01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yanki01 For This Useful Post:
MGD (01-14-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #9

MGD I have plenty of patience, and I wasn't looking to get retros overnight, but if your going to be running a business and charge the kind of prices he does, I would at least expect some sort of email reply within a few days. I have a set of retros heads and fogs on my truck now that cost me around 1500 so its not about being cheap and considering Im a kitchen cabinet installer by trade and a very **** person naturally Im sure if I had the time I could do them myself, but at my age Ive gotten to the point that sometimes Id rather pay someone that knows what they are doing than do it myself when I have so much else going on. Ive decided to have Redline Lighting buid me a set of Morimoto LED fogs color matching the inside which is normally black to smokestone, and adding a set of halos into them, so I guess Ill see how they come out. He seems like a good guy and from what ive seen does nice work. Then Ill decide if I want to have a new set of heads done. Thanks for all the input. Here"s a pic of the heads I currently have.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:45 AM   #10

Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenboy View Post
MGD I have plenty of patience, and I wasn't looking to get retros overnight, but if your going to be running a business and charge the kind of prices he does, I would at least expect some sort of email reply within a few days. I have a set of retros heads and fogs on my truck now that cost me around 1500 so its not about being cheap and considering Im a kitchen cabinet installer by trade and a very **** person naturally Im sure if I had the time I could do them myself, but at my age Ive gotten to the point that sometimes Id rather pay someone that knows what they are doing than do it myself when I have so much else going on. Ive decided to have Redline Lighting buid me a set of Morimoto LED fogs color matching the inside which is normally black to smokestone, and adding a set of halos into them, so I guess Ill see how they come out. He seems like a good guy and from what ive seen does nice work. Then Ill decide if I want to have a new set of heads done. Thanks for all the input. Here"s a pic of the heads I currently have.
Bilinvic is a one man operation. He is a model builder with some of the top honors around.

I had him do mine but it was a 5 month wait (probably not as long now) and it was so worth it. His attention to detail is insane and he doesn't cut corners to rush product, he even waits three weeks for paint to cure so there is no hazing of the lens from off gassing.

I'm surprised he didn't return your email, I was in constant communication with him for the months leading up to my build about ideas. Maybe he had something come up.
2010 F150 STX Scab 4.6 3V, 6Spd, 3.73 LS diff, SCT X3 with 5 Star custome tunes, Bilinvic retrofit HIDs with FX heads, SGM buckets, flat black orbit shrouds, Morimoto 5Five ballasts, 5000k 5Five bulbs, and Evox-R projectors, Auto headlight mod, added TBC, Kenwood DDX 616 with rear cam, SGM Scorche HU surround, Infinity speakers x 4 and Sound Ordinance sub, Nitto TG 275/70-18s,
RES4CUE is offline   Reply With Quote