Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Replacing Fog lights with aftermarket driving/fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing Fog lights with aftermarket driving/fog lights

Sup guys! I have a 2004 f150 4x4 lifted 8'' with 37s and I recent bought a new bumper and I no longer have any fog lights. I am in desperate need of more lighting and so I need some help. I still have my fog light wiring and everything. I want some lights I can run at night and maybe have wired into my stock switch. Maybe some dual beams so I can still see driving passing a car? I want to put the new lights behind my grill. But I could really use some opinions here. I dont have any experience with lights. Thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Best bet is a light bar. Big names are Rigid and Vision X, but be prepared to pay big for them.

Ebay has a plethora of options as far as LED lighting goes however, and the quality is well documented with prices MUCH more reasonable.

As well, there are aftermarket grilles that offer foglight functionality while emulating a Mustang design of center mounted fogs.

Or most simply and cheaply, you can mount standard halogen lights to the new bumper with the classic pedestal mount and run the old Baja look.

Wiring the lights into the stock switch is no issues whatsoever. Use the factory wiring and simply reconnect the hot and ground leads to the new lights, factory fuse and switch will be fully operational. All options are easily installed and very functional, all that differs is the price.
The following users liked this post:
Whitenasty04 (02-22-2014)

Quick Reply: Replacing Fog lights with aftermarket driving/fog lights