Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Recon Bulbs Poor Quality

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Recon Bulbs Poor Quality

In February 2013 I bought Recon's Platinum Blue 5600 kelvin headlights and foglights for my six month old 2012 F150 Platinum. On August 30th, the driver's side headlight burned out while I was in SD. I bought an inexpensive bulb and put it in until I got home to Indianapolis.
I called Recon and told customer service one of their bulbs had failed at six months old and less than 6,000 miles in use. Customer Service told me that this was isolated, but they would give me free shipping on another set of headlights. I bought a second set.
The day before Thanksgiving, my right headlight burned out. I replaced it with the second one from the second set I bought in September.
Last week, my right foglight burned out. That's three failures out of four bulbs less than a year old in a truck with less than 20,000 miles on it.
I've called Recon customer service 4 times in the past week. I never get anything but voicemail and have left four messages. (Nothing unprofessional in my messages). I have received no reply from them.
DO NOT BUY FROM RECON
Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

It seems I hear the same thing about recon everyday. There items are way over prices and just crappy quality
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (01-15-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

reCon...
Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

If I had a dollar for all the times I've heard of this kind of lament about Recon, I'd be a rich person.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kills me is the customer service. I can understand having some issues with the products, but don't just ignore the customers when they want help. I fully agree, no one should ever buy anything from RECON.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Before i was more knowledgeable about the aftermarket world i used to buy recon all the time. Well lets just say that my last 2 trucks i had everything all tinted out and the cab lights on my truck split sending waves of water in to where i actually had the roof welded shut and painted and all that, before that i was given 2 3rd brake lights that split seal from housing and same thing let water come rushing in before i knew what was going on, all events i called and said something and all they could tell me is that it must have been how i installed them and in now way shape or form were they gonna replace, honor any discount or help out anyway for these issues. So pretty much after being told that the last time it became an fu childish conversation and to this day i will never EVER purchase anything with the name of recon lighting on it!

Quick Reply: Recon Bulbs Poor Quality