Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Question about my Hid relay harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my Hid relay harness

I just got my 35w relay harness and was looking on line about good placed to ground it... IE...the positive to the positive on the battery.. but I noticed it doesn't have a negative ground that goes to the battery like the positive does... all mine has on the relay is the relay itself, a fuse, the proper connections and 2 negative ground wires on each ends that go to the headlights it self... are mine supposed to have A NEGATIVE ground that is supposed to go to the battery or frame of the truck?....
Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Grounds do not have to go to the battery directly. I tied the left headlight into the factory ground behind the vertical frame and just drilled into the frame for the right headlight ground, since the battery was in the way of the factory ground spot
Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ukisuperstar
Grounds do not have to go to the battery directly. I tied the left headlight into the factory ground behind the vertical frame and just drilled into the frame for the right headlight ground, since the battery was in the way of the factory ground spot

Ive got a fx2 and seen vids of other negative grounds that the wired to the battery... just wasnt sure why my relay didnt have that , just the 2 that ground at the end of the bulbs...

Quick Reply: Question about my Hid relay harness