Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Projector Headlights w/ HID's???

Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Projector Headlights w/ HID's???

I want to get some aftermarket projector headlights with angel eyes and halo's. But i've heard that the projectors are not bright at all and HID's are the way to go! But I really like the look/style of the projectors! My question is can I get the projector headlights and put HID lights in them??? If anyone has heard of this or has it themselves, please inform me on what to do and where you got your's from! Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Pickup Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always run 35W HID's in all of my projector headlight housings that I have had on all of my vehicles. About to order my set for the F150 here next week.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:57 PM

C'mon.... I know I'm not the only one that has thought of this!! I just need a little push in the right direction!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just make sure you get hid projectors or the bulbs may not fit
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

projectors usually have a better light spread pattern with HID than HID without projectors. It will stop you from blinding other drivers but you will still have a MUCH better light output than stock cause its HID. If your getting projectors you should go with 55w HID IMO.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 AM

I have projector headlights with HIDs and they work great. The bulb I went with for my projectors was H1. There are pics in my album if you want to take a look.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by lariat5.4triton
I have projector headlights with HIDs and they work great. The bulb I went with for my projectors was H1. There are pics in my album if you want to take a look.
Where did you get them from and were they hard to install??? I've heard that some projectors stick out and dont fit and they even let water inside of them! Have you had any of these problems?? And your truck looks F'ckin great!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BigJ23
Where did you get them from and were they hard to install??? I've heard that some projectors stick out and dont fit and they even let water inside of them! Have you had any of these problems?? And your truck looks F'ckin great!!!!!!!
Let me start of by saying thanks! I bought my lights on amazon for about $150. The lights go in fine and they don't stick out. I did however have a problem with the wiring. The halos and LEDs stayed on even when the truck was off. A buddy of mine fixed that for me but I'm not sure what he did. As for letting water in, it's been raining quite a bit here in California and my lights have stayed completely dry. Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:05 AM

Sorry to butt in, but I am installing a set of halo projectors in a clients 06 f-150, but the problem I am having is the factory uses a 2 bulb system and the aftermarket ones are a 4 bulb(one for high one for low). now that is fine and all but when he is driving at night on highbeam and switches back to low the HID bulbs have to warm up again and he is blind for a few seconds. Is there a way to jumper wires in the signal light stalk to make all 4 come on at the same time. I know in my 2006 Focus all I had to do was install a jumper wire between to contacts on the signal light stalk and now all 4 come on when in high beam mode.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by insaneaudio
Sorry to butt in, but I am installing a set of halo projectors in a clients 06 f-150, but the problem I am having is the factory uses a 2 bulb system and the aftermarket ones are a 4 bulb(one for high one for low). now that is fine and all but when he is driving at night on highbeam and switches back to low the HID bulbs have to warm up again and he is blind for a few seconds. Is there a way to jumper wires in the signal light stalk to make all 4 come on at the same time. I know in my 2006 Focus all I had to do was install a jumper wire between to contacts on the signal light stalk and now all 4 come on when in high beam mode.
Thats not legal to have all 4 on at the same time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Projector Headlights w/ HID's???