Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Needing some install pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:29 PM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Needing some install pics

I am wanting to put a 30" single row at the top of my c channel grill like these pics below. I can't seem to find any installation pics anywhere.

Also is a straight or radius bar better for that location.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Timber Baron

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Get a welder. Many things now out of reach will instantly become attainable shortly thereafter:

Fabrication thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f83/dual-3...grille-297757/
Old 06-23-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I put a 30" double row at the bottom of my C channel and all I did was drill a hole in the vertical grille support piece and end mount it. The 30" light bar I bought fit snug between the supports, the mount screw through the grille supports holds it nice and tight. I'd imagine you could do the same with the top. Just pay attention to the end to end dimension of the light bar you order, they do vary. I put a rubber washer between the end of the light bar and the support for some vibration isolation.

As far as radius vs. straight, it depends. I have a straight, combo bar and I wouldn't buy it again. I'd go all spot pattern if I were to buy it again, I don't like the scatter from the flood LEDs at the sides. I don't know how much of a difference you'll see between straight or radius to be honest.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Timber Baron

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugga
I have a straight, combo bar and I wouldn't buy it again.
This. Although the spot only bars are 3x the price of the $50 amazon combo 30 inchers. I bought three bars from the same seller and got two different style bars. One has orange peel reflectors on the outside third of the bar, and the other two that I ordered first have all smooth reflectors. Face it, the $50 bars don't even have the LED centered in the reflectors most of the time so don't expect too much.

Quick Reply: Needing some install pics