Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Need help with picking out headlights

Old 06-30-2016, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with picking out headlights

Ok so I'm new to the headlight game. I am looking for smoke or black headlights and the ones I found on ebay are around $138.00. But I can't seem to understand about the led and bulb and stuff like that. I see reviews that some are brighter then others and the halos will dim faster then others. Or the quality is good and bad. So I need help with what's good and not good. Pls
Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Don't waste your money on cheap lights. $138... yeah you'll get crap for that, lol.

The new Anzos for the 2015/2016 seem popular (and the earlier years). You didn't specify what year your truck is.

You can always just upgrade your existing headlights to LED. Using your existing housing you can put in an LED Headlight Conversion kit which is REALLY popular these days.

Other options include replacing the actual housing, like mentioned above, with something like an Anzo housing. You'll still need to decide what bulbs to use. The Anzos come with halogen but you can put LED's in there or HID if you like. The big thing this week is customers of mine are putting H7 LED Conversion kits in the Anzos and having good luck. It gives them projection style lights and a great LED kit.

Sooo there are some ideas/options for you.

Just avoid those cheap ebay lights... you get what you pay for and housings that cost $138 are going to be really crappy.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 AM

Received 889 Likes on 582 Posts

Dont get ones with smoked lenses. No matter what, youre cutting down light output.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Don't waste your money on cheap lights. $138... yeah you'll get crap for that, lol.

The new Anzos for the 2015/2016 seem popular (and the earlier years). You didn't specify what year your truck is.

You can always just upgrade your existing headlights to LED. Using your existing housing you can put in an LED Headlight Conversion kit which is REALLY popular these days.

Other options include replacing the actual housing, like mentioned above, with something like an Anzo housing. You'll still need to decide what bulbs to use. The Anzos come with halogen but you can put LED's in there or HID if you like. The big thing this week is customers of mine are putting H7 LED Conversion kits in the Anzos and having good luck. It gives them projection style lights and a great LED kit.

Just avoid those cheap ebay lights... you get what you pay for and housings that cost $138 are going to be really crappy.
Ya sorry. It's a 2006 ford f150 . And the bad thing is I do like the smoked or black headlights. It's going to stay with the design I'm doing with the truck. So if I go that route one of my best options for bulbs or companies or halos
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 AM

Do a retrofit. You can then paint the entire the housing black while its opened up, have awesome output, do your halo's or whatever you want to do. Much better quality than ****ty ebay lights.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com

Originally Posted by eyecandynsx
Do a retrofit. You can then paint the entire the housing black while its opened up, have awesome output, do your halo's or whatever you want to do. Much better quality than ****ty ebay lights.
These where the ones I was looking at for headlights and tail lights
Old 07-01-2016, 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=4x4TruckLEDS.com;4815786]Don't waste your money on cheap lights. $138... yeah you'll get crap for that, lol.

But not sure if I should use different bulbs or if the halo rings can be upgraded. Like I said. I have no clue about headlights at all
Old 07-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

I'd avoid the lights you sent. The price is too low for my liking. Anything quality will cost money. The Anzos are about $500 and give you projection... those just look like cheap chinese lights. It's your money but I'd avoid those from eBay at that price/style.

You should always be able to upgrade bulbs in any headlight housing. WHAT kind of bulb you can use, who knows.

BTW if you have a 2015/2016 that photo you showed will NOT fit your truck... that's for a 2014 and earlier model.

I only really know of/trust the Anzos right now for 2015/2016 which CAN be upgraded to HID or LED (H7 is the bulb size).

You can start with headlight bulbs on your current OEM... they'll actually look VERY GOOD on your OEM lights. The LED Conversion kit pictured below is what i'm talking about. They look amazing on the 2015/216. I'm still waiting to see photos of them in an Anzo... a few customers of mine are doing installs/about to post photos... but hopefully that gives you some options, just avoid cheap housings, buy a quality pair like ANzo IF you plan to upgrade the housings (i actually like the 2015/2016 factory housings, they did a nice job on them)

LED Headlights & Fog Lights
Old 07-01-2016, 08:51 AM

He has a 2006.

First those ones you linked to are a halogen projector. They usually use a smaller bulb and output suffers. I ran ones like that back in the day on my civic. They sucked. Plus the lense is smoked, so youre cutting output even more.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:54 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,563 Likes on 6,189 Posts

Oh lord, more smoked lense, cheap integrated led bulb ebay headlights. Total waste of money. See my signature for a budget retrofit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with picking out headlights