Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

My Silverstar Ultra bulbs and HID fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My Silverstar Ultra bulbs and HID fog lights

My windshield is tinted with 70% film, that does help in showing how much the new bulbs helped over the factory bulbs, but they did.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't know they had the Ultra's available for 2010 and 2011 trucks yet. I couldn't find them on Sylvania's website. What are the bulb numbers for your truck and where did you get them?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I had Ultras in my 02 Explorer. The factory headlights are pretty bad. I definitely want to do something more with them...just can't decide if HIDs are worth it.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

The ultra's are not on their website yet but are available in stores. Just look for the H13 in the orange package.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePeaceKeeper
My windshield is tinted with 70% film, that does help in showing how much the new bulbs helped over the factory bulbs, but they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNmMXmvXa7I

Just out of curiousity.....why would you tint your windshield? I have never seen someone tint their windshield and would think it is a pretty significant safety hazard. Definately illegal here in the midwest.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by sbronemann
Just out of curiousity.....why would you tint your windshield? I have never seen someone tint their windshield and would think it is a pretty significant safety hazard. Definately illegal here in the midwest.
I spend a lot of time sitting in my truck and like to not be noticed too much. Plus the heat rejection makes it tolerable in the southern heat. Daytime driving is not bad, night time is a little tough, but 70% tint is not too dark.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

looks good man,i have 5k hids in my headlights and fogs, love it!

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePeaceKeeper

I spend a lot of time sitting in my truck and like to not be noticed too much. Plus the heat rejection makes it tolerable in the southern heat. Daytime driving is not bad, night time is a little tough, but 70% tint is not too dark.
You also have to think about us in the law enforcement field. In Iowa, it is illegal to have any tint on front 3 windows. Mainly to help with safety for law enforcement officers. Its also $175 ticket.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by sbronemann
You also have to think about us in the law enforcement field. In Iowa, it is illegal to have any tint on front 3 windows. Mainly to help with safety for law enforcement officers. Its also $175 ticket.
I spent over 12 years in law enforcement, I know the risk I run with my tint and if ever pulled over all five windows will be going down. I use to hate pulling over vans with real dark windows in my old days.

But the tint really helps me with my photography work these days.

Quick Reply: My Silverstar Ultra bulbs and HID fog lights