Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

My finished lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My finished lighting

And I think I'm happy with the results
Attached Thumbnails My finished lighting-p1060105-small.jpg  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM
F150 Forum

Received 247 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by EXTREEK
And I think I'm happy with the results
Sweet man what'd you all use for components?
Old 09-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11
Sweet man what'd you all use for components?
The fog lights were the first to go on then it took about a year before I could afford the headlights and aux lights on the roof.

The fog lights are the stock housing but I took them apart, painted the inside black, removed the stock bulps and put a ~5" led bar in each housing facing forward. They arnt bright enough to function as fog lights but they still give a good look. With it all done it was more work then cost but is still holding up today.

I found the headlights off ebay but I dont remember the name to them. They have more of an audi look to them then the bmw style halos and the turn signales are all leds too. I took out the box that makes the headlightlights stay on all the time so I could just have the audi style daylight running leds on without the headlights on like in the picture. I also connected thoes leds to the fog light leds so they both go on at the same time. The first click over on the headlight switch turns on the leds on both the headlights and fog lights and then the seccond click turns on the main headlight bulbs and the turn signals are seperate. on the old headlights the frst click would turn on both the turn signal bulbs as the daylight running lights like I think they do with most vehicles.

The roof aux lights are four 8" 100 watt x-vision spot lights mounted on a GoRino thunder series sports bar. they are connected direcly to the battery and all go in with a red illuminated switch drilled under my dash. It takes some thick wires so the switch is connected to a relay that is hidden under the floor boards.

A little extra thing that came with the led fog lights is that they can flash back and fourth like red light on the night rider car. I wanted to put them to some use so I connected them to a blue illuminated switch and call it my "stage mode" for when I want to show my ford off pumping music out the truck for a night time outside party or something. I plan to connect the blue switch to a some more use like a fog machine or more interesting lights that remain hidden untill I turn them on.

Thats all for my lighting on the exterior but I plan to put some white led lights under the doors on each side so they turn on then I open the door and I see where im stepping at night on an offroad trail.

Last edited by 49994; 09-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: My finished lighting