Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Matrix Angel eye projector headlamps any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matrix Angel eye projector headlamps any good?

Does anybody on here know anything about the matrix headlights? I saw some while flipping through the summit magazine the other day that caught my interest. I would like to stay below $300 if I could yet still get some good ones if possible. The main thing is that they are chrome headlights that have the Angel Eye lighted ring around the headlight that are good quality, wont leak water and fog up, and are atleast a little bit brighter and better than factory headlights. I would be willing to go over $300 a little bit just dont want to go way up there in price. Here is a link to the one's Im looking at on summit's website they are the matrix09-1149 - Matrix Truck-Tek Angel Eye Projector Headlamps:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRM-09-1149/
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Extreme Member

Mine look to be exactly the same. Idk if mine are matrix, i got mine off ebay. They were also around 300. I like them, they really make your truck look cool. The projectors put out decent light and the brights are great.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Which headlight bulbs are you useing? Biggest complaint I've heard with projectors is the poor light output they have. Im really wanting some that have that lighted angel eye ring or halo ring or whatever it's called, but not if they are to dim to see at night. I live out in the country so no lighted streets or anything.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Srsly... who farted

Mine arent dim. I think i just have silverstars in mine right now, and its a nice, tight, straight beam. Has Halos and lining LEDs.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM

98Flareside: What silverstar bulbs are you useing? Say the lighting is pretty good at night? Do you know what brand your projectors are?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
LOLO

If you're going with projectors you might also want to try upgrading to 55 watt HID's. The 4300k or 5000k should give a bright white beam. I've been looking at and comparing the projectors on ebay. Some don't look too bad. Just gotta remember to re-aim the beam after installing the new light assembly. I heard sealing the assemblies before installation isn't a bad idea either, especially if you are exposed to a lot of rain and snow. I will hopefully get mine ordered within the next few weeks.

Last edited by hi808; 01-24-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if u have halo projectors how do u change the bulbs dont the bulbs come built in the housing ????
Old 01-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by hi808
If you're going with projectors you might also want to try upgrading to 55 watt HID's. The 4300k or 5000k should give a bright white beam. I've been looking at and comparing the projectors on ebay. Some don't look too bad. Just gotta remember to re-aim the beam after installing the new light assembly. I heard sealing the assemblies before installation isn't a bad idea either, especially if you are exposed to a lot of rain and snow. I will hopefully get mine ordered within the next few weeks.

I would go with hid's but every single persone I have asked and all the projector's I have looked at have said HID kits should not be used with projector style headlights.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 AM
LOLO

You can check with the manufacturer or seller before buying the projectors to see if they will fit the HID bulb. Some HID bulbs are too long for the new projector assembly.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
H.O.T Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get the same headlights on Ebay now for under $150. Thats by far the way to go!

Quick Reply: Matrix Angel eye projector headlamps any good?