Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

In the market for some auxiliary work lights...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default In the market for some auxiliary work lights...

Hey guys,

I've recently been shopping around for some new work lights and I had a couple of questions.

First of all, I'm in construction and from time to time I do end up working past sundown. I want the auxialiary lighting to so that when I'm packing up, my work area is more illuminated (I've left stuff at the job site before). I was hoping a couple 16w lights would be enough, but honestly, i'm looking to keep the price down. I know this probably means buying something that was made overseas, but from what I can tell, even some of the premium brands are made overseas.

I was thinking of going with a couple of 16w TopNotch lights:

Has anyone heard of/used this brand? I've only found it here:

http://partsengine.ca/p-56165-topnot...ork-light.aspx for about $80 bucks for a pair.

They have a pretty standard IP rating (67).
Old 02-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Official Bass Slapper

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

flood lights would work better to illuminate a work area. I haven't heard any bad things about that brand, but honestly I haven't heard much at all to begin with. Construction looks solid, and they advertise using Cree LEDs, which are awesome.

http://partsengine.ca/p-56169-topnot...ht-square.aspx
I'd use something like this for a work light. Covers more area, easily replace, more cost effective. Unless you're looking to send light down the road a couple hundred feet, stick with the flood beam pattern

Last edited by Jeriko; 02-10-2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding link
The following users liked this post:
CanadaTrucker (02-11-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 12:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out Cali Raised LED they have 24Watt flood work lights that would be perfect for what you need. They are only $30 each and they have a warranty. They also have the IP67 rating as well. Go check them out if you need lights. Caliraisedled.com

Quick Reply: In the market for some auxiliary work lights...