Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Map Light + Dome Light LED Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 AM

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Map Light + Dome Light LED Conversion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interior-Dom...dc28b7&vxp=mtr

This is the LED Bulb Conversion kit I bought for my 2010 F150 XLT SCrew. When I went to install it tonight, it would not fit into the sockets for the map lights. Do these need to be pushed into the socket differently than the halogen bulbs that came out? It didn't work after I spun the bulb 180 degrees either as it did not seat into the socket properly.

This is a picture of one of the bulbs I was shipped. I already feel stupid enough having to ask this as I feel I may be doing something wrong, but I appreciate the time anyone spends to try to help me out =P.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2468/photojni.jpg
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Side by side ,what does the plug end look like next to the stock light?
do they look the same size?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by fcancer
Side by side ,what does the plug end look like next to the stock light?
do they look the same size?
They are not the same size and the eBay business told me they were not after I asked them. The stock bulb has a clear base while the LED conversion bulb has a white, "plasticy" base with the two metal things(sorry, I don't know what they are called), stretching around the bottom of the base like a U.

"The design of this LED bulb has a slightly thicker wedge base than the stock bulbs. What you may need to do is put a little more pressure when installing this light. * Please do remember to have all light and electricity off when installing lights. "

I am just a little worried about sticking a bulb, that is a thicker size, into a socket that is designed for something smaller. Later in that reply they told me that I could request a new size if I do not want to do that so that is what I will probably go ahead and do.

I was hoping to get some information from people who have bought and installed these same ones, from this company, to see if the install has gone smoothly, even with the larger base.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

[QUOTE=FlatBlack XD;2384561]
. The stock bulb has a clear base while the LED conversion bulb has a white, "plasticy" base with the two metal things(sorry, I don't know what they are called), stretching around the bottom of the base like a U.
QUOTE]
Thats not what I ment .
Is the BASE as wide,and as thick as your stock BASE
I just put Jon to leds in mine and had to shine a flashlight up there to make sure I was putting it in right and not off 90 deg
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

That bulb should work fine. It's a wedge type bulb and as long as its a t10 it will work. Clear glass or white plastic doesn't matter. Shoot me a pm and I can help you with any other questions.

Quick Reply: Map Light + Dome Light LED Conversion