Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Lighting ideas wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Lighting ideas wanted

Hey everyone, I am thinking of going in a different direction with my lighting and would like some input from members.

I currently have a 20" double row bar installed in my lower grill that I got from Nick Patton earlier this year and it's ok ( https://www.f150forum.com/f59/led-of...5/#post4061928 ). that's my truck. The lightbar is not what I expected, but it has it's place. Well my new plan is to remove it and go with some "Dually's" mounted in the same place or Dually's behind the grill keeping the light bar.

In terms of light, I would like something that gives a decent distance and some light spread to the sides of the road. Any brands to consider?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I recently just switched from a 30" combo bar to a pair of Dually hyperspots behind the grille. The hyperspots are great for distance without all the scatter I was getting from the combo bar. Either 2 pairs of hyperspots or Rigid's RDS bar (basically hyperspot optics on a curved bar) would do the trick if you want some spread at distance. One pair is nice for driving but gives you a focused beam, straight down the road. You see the shoulders but not much beyond that on the sides, that's why I would say a second pair would give you more spread.

Quick Reply: Lighting ideas wanted