Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

light bars. westin vs. smittybilt/nfab

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default light bars. westin vs. smittybilt/nfab

this is on a 2013 btw. well i'm tired of not having enough light when i need it. also don't want to do hid headlights til i can get projectors. so now i'm looking at doing a simple light bar and debating between two. the westin that mounts to the bolts holding the factory tow hooks and the smittybilt/nfab that mounts in the lower grill opening next to the license plate. I can get either one for about $120 so that part isn't the issue. both allow for up to four 7" or 8" lights mounted on them. i have read that the mounting tabs on the westin are behind the bar and on the smittybilt are in front of the bar. I also saw that you can keep and use your factory tow hooks with the westin as well (important fact). i do like the cleaner, simpler look of the smittybilt bar, but also the more heavy duty look and backside light mounting of the westin. regardless of which bar I choose I plan on putting four KC HiLites daylighters on it. two 130w 6" long rang in the center and two 6" 100W floods on the ends.

Just kind of looking for opinions on both bars. also if anyone has used those lights wouldn't mind knowing your experiences on them as well. i'm only looking to spend around $200 or so for the four lights so if you know of a better option around that price range I'd love to hear it. thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: light bars. westin vs. smittybilt/nfab