Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED Lighting suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default LED Lighting suggestions

So, i've got an '11 F150 screw.
Got a new grill and a couple of other things, and am working on getting a hidden winch kit (Mount winch behind front bumper). I Am hopefully (if its compatible and will mount properly with the winch mounting plate) getting a westin light bar http://www.carid.com/2011-ford-f-150...ar-368341.html
As seen here: http://s807.beta.photobucket.com/use...N9667.jpg.html

I Do snow retrieval in the winter (I Dont charge money, but if i come upon a stuck car ill do my best to get em' out) and construction work so im also putting some Amber lighting on the truck; probably 2 lightheads per side. More of a better safe than sorry thing; not NECESSARY but it wouldn't hurt to have if we ever get a bad storm around here. I Also want some nice lighting on the light bar and maybe my grill? At first i was going to try and put a 40" light bar in my grill but that might be hard to do and i dont see any good mounting points, so im going to probably stick to the light bar as a primary light source. Not sure if to go with a single big light bar, or if to go with four round lights, but i would certainly like to stick to LED. Any suggestions? Obviously the brighter the better. I Deal a lot with selling police lighting so i have access to relatively cheap Police grade LED lights (Mainly Whelen units) So i may put a pair of white steady burn (Non-flashing) units on my grill just for more light, too.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default pics ?

did you add any of this yet i would like to see how the winch worked ?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thinkclear_9
did you add any of this yet i would like to see how the winch worked ?
Check the vendor showcase section! A lot of info on the lights you need.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm in the process of mounting a 30" led light bar behind my billet. I used a piece of 1"x1" angle iron from one headlight to another and am gonna use that to mount to

Quick Reply: LED Lighting suggestions